Worker falls into vat of 720C molten aluminium at Swiss factory but survives
Worker falls into vat of 720C molten aluminum at Swiss factory, but survives after managing pain and pulling himself out
- A worker miraculously survived after falling into a vat of molten aluminum
- The 25-year-old electrician fell into a furnace filled with 720C molten metal
- He was at work on Wednesday at the factory in St. Gallen, in northeastern Switzerland
- The man was treated at the scene and then taken to hospital with extensive burns by helicopter
A worker miraculously survived after falling into a vat of molten aluminum at a factory, but managed to get himself to safety.
The 25-year-old electrician fell into a furnace filled with 720C (1,328F) molten aluminum while working at the factory in St. Gallen, northeastern Switzerland.
The young man was knee-deep in the molten metal, but managed to brave the pain and pull himself out of the furnace.
A 25-year-old electrician survived a fall into this furnace in Switzerland filled with molten 720C aluminum
The accident happened in the city of St. Gallen, in northeastern Switzerland. City police said they were investigating how it could have happened
He and a colleague were working on the oven with the aluminum in it on Wednesday evening.
The man fell into a circular opening at the top of the oven.
Two Swiss rescue doctors and paramedics attended to him at the factory.
He was then transported to hospital with severe burns.
The Saint-Gilles police are investigating how the accident could have happened.